

It Came From Beneath the Sea. Oh my lord, the animation is hilarious, of course, but most hilarious is the bizarre love triangle centered around "the new breed of woman." Seriously, here are the last lines ...
Cmdr. Pete Mathews: Well, I guess that's it. The sub's been ordered on patrol. We'll be on sea duty for a few months. We'll be seeing you, John.
Prof. John Carter: Soon, I hope.
Cmdr. Pete Mathews: Will I be seeing you, Leslie?
Prof. Leslie Joyce: Do you mean when I get back from Cairo?
Cmdr. Pete Mathews: I mean, women can change, move away, get married, have families.
Prof. Leslie Joyce: Well, there is that possibility; but, uh, A - there isn't time for that to happen to me; B - I can be reached at the school; and C - how would you like to collaborate with me on a book, "How To Catch A Sea Beast"?
[takes Pete's chin, draws herself to him, and kisses him on the lips]
Cmdr. Pete Mathews: Say, doctor, you were right about this new breed of women!
.... classic. But God forbid you waste your time watching it because between those lines and the photos, I just gave you the best parts of the movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment