Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm thinking...

The Sartorialist is looking for vintage photos of people with great fashion. There are a few winners among my collection, I think ...

My grandmother in a fabulous Jackie-O coat with gloves.

My grandfather was always impeccably put-together, it seems.
And ridiculously good-looking.

Dad would be embarrassed, but I love this photo.
Understated but totally 60s hipster.


My mama in a classic silk workdress.
Apparently I admired it then, too.

Nonnie and Grandom's wedding.
She looks so classy. He looks like a million bucks.

My fourth-grade graduation.
You done good, mom.
I look so sophisticated
for ... a fourth grader.

Mom in classic naval uniform. LOVE it.


A gorgeous photo (subject unknown) taken by Grandma.
See more of her fabulous fashion and photography here.

Cindy's look as withstood the test of time...
Gold hoops, tortoise-shell glasses, navy onepiece...

Rita's December wedding is one of my alltime favorites.
Look how a modest gown becomes sexier and more flattering
than all the strapless you see these days.
Take away the socks on mom and Cindy,
and the look would be flawless.

Fabulous red lips on Grandma,
with her jet black hair and porcelain skin.
Super glamorous and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment