Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I'm listening... The Last Five Minutes.

Tonight I'm feeling this song.

The point of the show is you see the relationship chronologically in his eyes, and going in reverse in her eyes. So it starts off with him excited to meet her, and she's broken-hearted that he's leaving her. They meet in the middle to sing "I do" at their wedding. (The wedding scene.) And it ends with her so giddy and optimistic when they first meet, while he's moving out. (The last scene.) This might be my favorite musical of all time, and that's saying a lot. Really powerful. It's meant a lot to me emotionally at different points, too. The Last Five Years. Buy the soundtrack. It tells the story just fine without visuals. It'll be the best soundtrack you've ever purchased. I promise. Gorgeous harmonies.

Overview of the show here. None of this is as good as the original cast (Sherie Renee Scott and Norbert Leo Butz, I mean really) but the video quality is so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment