Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'm watching...


Vivacious Lady. Jimmy Stewart and Ginger Rogers ... they're kinda cute together. Totally unbelievable that they'd keep their marriage a secret to begin with. Ginger ends up beating the crap out of his old girlfriend. That's pretty amusing. Also amusing (and surprisingly risque) ... the poor newlyweds are trying so hard to, well, find some alone time, you know. Bless their hearts, it's adorable, but I'm really surprised that the censors and the culture let any bedroom references fly. There were some politically incorrect things, but I'll be somewhat lenient because that was the culture ... has anyone else noticed that the incredible Miss Hattie McDaniel almost always played the role of the maid named Hattie?

My Hattie rant ... if you don't know this, you need to. I love Hattie. Hattie McDaniel was the first African American to win an Oscar. Most famously known for her award-winning role as Mammy in Gone with the Wind, the laws kept her from attending the epic movie's Atlanta premier. Check out her heart-wrenching Oscar acceptance speech. For her 2010 Oscar win, Monique thanked Hattie for "enduring all that she had to so that I would not have to." Okay, Hattie rant is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment